Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Returning

Alright…. I’m trying to come back. I haven’t blogged in a long time and I don’t know if anyone has noticed, but truthfully, I miss writing. So, I am going to write. Writing is a loose term since really this is just pressing play on my stream of consciousness. Literature scholars would either be bored or offended, but this isn’t for them.

Since I haven't written in such a long time, I wanted to post this last letter I sent out. Forgive me if it didn't arrive in your mailbox if you wanted it to, but sometimes I hesitate to send out mailers because I am afraid it comes across as me pleading for another check. Even though I always need support, that is not the case. I also want to keep updated and need desperately need the prayer support from a thick web around me and the others that I work along side. Below is the letter that gives a general update of what has been going on in my life over the past year since I have started seminary and updates of what is going on in Sozo Children. 

This is the largest I could get this file on this page, but if you can't read it and want to, please email me at allen@sozochildren.org and I can email a file that is easier to read. Thanks! 




In January, I went to Uganda with a small team and we found a great piece of land. We now don't think it is the exact property God has for us, but the pursuit is in full force. Next step is obtaining land and beginning building projects. In the meantime, there is no telling how many children God will put in our care. We are willing vessels simply desiring to be used for His glory. 

In March, My mother, sister, and two aunts came to experience what God is doing as well. They came to pour their lives into these children, and when they least expected it, God poured His heart even more into them. That is the beautiful design of how God works. When we spend our lives on behalf of others, he fills our lives more than we ever spent. Not that we would do it for that reason, but when our motives are pure, God is able to do extraordinary things, blessing ALL his children.

I know this is not much of a blog, but I thought a slow start back in would be best. 


1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for you and the whole SOZO team in Uganda. Keep up the work.

    ReplyDelete